What does privacy mean to you?
Digging Into Digital Privacy
Why talking about this is important
In this guide you will:
- Learn more about how your kids think about privacy.
- Create a foundation for privacy considerations as they enter the digital world.
- Establish trust and set clear expectations about what privacy does and doesn’t mean in your relationship.
What to expect from your kid
This is a critical stage where kids start to want a bit more privacy from their parents. They may not want to tell you everything, but building trust with them to come to you when something goes sideways will help them navigate their privacy successfully.
How to start talking
- Beginning to use shared or personal devices without direct supervision.
- Asking to download a new app or game — on your phone or their personal device when they have one.
- If/when you install a monitoring app on their personal device.