Do your friends have their own phone / tablet?
All About Device Access
Why talking about this is important
In this guide you will:
- Learn more about why your kids want a device.
- Understand how they think about safety.
- Start laying the foundation for safety.
What to expect from your kid
They probably don’t want to talk about everything all at once. Consider chipping away at the conversation, and then ease back when they start to tune out, with an intention to pick up where you left off. Think about how your child handles challenging topics and adjust your approach, so they will be more inclined to engage.
How to start talking
- When they see you using your device.
- When they see people in their favorite show texting/using their devices.
- When they ask for their own tablet / phone / computer.
- When they get their own tablet / phone / computer.
- Their friend gets their own phone / tablet.