Do your friends ever ask you to send them pictures?
Requests for Nude Pics
Why talking about this is important
In this guide you will:
- Talk through scenarios with your child and give them resources to help.
- Tell your child that you will always be there for them no matter what.
- Make sure your child knows how to say no and what consent means.
What to expect from your kid
Your child might be open about creepy DMs and chats online, or they might be shy and not want to talk about these topics. Keep your tone even and calm, strong reactions can unintentionally shut the conversation down. Take a few deep breaths, and make sure your child knows they can come to you if something makes them uncomfortable or if they need help.
How to start talking
- They begin to show an interest in social media.
- They have a social media account, whether managed by you or themselves.
- The topic is covered in a movie or TV show you are watching.
- They tell you about something similar that happened to someone they know.