Have you ever heard of sending naked pictures?
Sending Nudes: Trust, Consent, & Understanding the Risks
Why talking about this is important
In this guide you will:
- Break the ice by watching one of the recommended videos together.
- Talk to your child without judgment about trust, consent, and risks of sending nudes.
- Make sure your child knows that you are always there for them, regardless of what they share about their experiences and ways they’ve engaged online.
What to expect from your kid
Let’s be real – this may be an uncomfortable topic for both you and your child. Your child may not want to open up and talk about this. Be mindful of how these experiences make you feel first and take a couple of deep breaths before initiating these tricky conversations. Focus on taking a calm, nonjudgmental approach and start small. This is meant to be an ongoing conversation, and it’s important for your child to know they can always come to you for support.
How to start talking
- Someone’s nudes are leaked in your child’s school or community.
- The topic is covered in a movie or TV show you are watching.
- They tell you about something similar that happened to someone they know.