What’s your favorite game to play right now?
Why talking about this is important
In this guide you will:
- Help your child understand online interactions are complicated because you don’t always know who people are, their intentions, or what they mean.
- Identify warning signs of risky interactions.
- Teach your child when and how to get help.
What to expect from your kid
Kids are likely forthcoming and willing to share at this age, but each individual is unique. Be sure to balance the conversation to meet their needs for pacing and comfort level. This is key as you have these conversations, helping them learn the good and the bad as you navigate giving them various levels of access to online friends.
How to start talking
- Asking for a new app or game.
- Talking about a game they love playing online.
- They begin to use their first social media platform.