Have you ever heard of sending naked pictures?
Start Talking About the Risks of Taking Naked Photos
Why talking about this is important
In this guide you will:
- Start a nonjudgmental open dialogue with your child.
- Make sure your child understands what it means to send nudes.
- Make sure your child knows you are always there for them and that they can come to you if they have questions.
What to expect from your kid
Your child may not know what sending nudes means, but they may have heard about it at school or from friends, and could have questions. If your child is asking questions about this topic it does not mean they are actively participating in the behavior. Remember to stay calm and offer your child non-judgmental support. Simply by being willing to talk about it, you are showing your child that they can talk to you about anything.
How to start talking
- They talk about showing a friend their body parts.
- Someone’s nudes are leaked in your child’s school or community.
- The topic is covered in a movie or TV show you are watching.
- They tell you about something similar that happened to someone they know.